After a long summer of BBQ’s and late night sunsets, the cold winter months have begun to draw in. I always find this to be the best time of the year; more nights sat inside beside a warm fire while the rain beats down outside. After a long day, you can sometimes feel like just sitting down with a good book or a film and it can be good to have some comfort food to fit perfectly with your evening plans, and what better comfort food than double chocolate chip muffins.
If baking isn’t really your thing, you could have delicious deserts delivered right to your door-step by using a cake-away service which has become very popular over the last two years. Many popular restaurants can now deliver whichever deserts you fancy which means you don’t even have to leave your house to enjoy them. However, if you love homemade food, we’re following this Double Chocolate Muffin recipe from All Recipes UK website which will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings and is quick and easy to make.
Summary: Simple recipe which is great for the holidays or to make with the kids.
- 125g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 60g chocolate chips
- 22g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 120ml plain yoghurt
- 60ml milk
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 20g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200c (gas mark 6)
- Place 6 paper cases in a muffin tray
- Mix together caster sugar, flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chips in a suitable mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, yoghurt, vegetable oil and milk until smooth. Combine this with the chocolate mixture and stir until the mixture is just blended together.
- Fill the paper cases ¾ full and sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6